Sales jobs can be one of the most lucrative jobs available on the job market and for those who do exceptionally well, six figures is very attainable. The important thing is to know where and how to look for these jobs. Sales job opportunities can vary in salary and total payout, and not all sales jobs are created equal. This post examines how you can find your next six figure sales job.
A few things to consider is that because these jobs have the potential to make a lot of money, the competition could be fierce. Also, take a realistic view of your background and experience to ensure that you are the right fit for the job. Take a look at the requirements, do your research and prepare yourself to position you as the best candidate once you do find the job you want.
FISH WHERE THE FISH ARE
To catch fish, you have a much better chance of catching one if there are actually fish there. In searching the sea of six figure sales jobs, this also applies. You could easily get lost in the sea of sales job opportunities, but be sure to research the industries that pay the top salaries as well as where you could fin and apply for the high paying sales job. Below are some tips to help you find the “fish”.
- Do your research: Research online as well as offline for sales positions that pay the six figures. Many online resources are avaialable such as- careerbliss.com, glassdoor.com, salary.com, simplyhired.com and indeed.com to name a few. Using online resources is one way to find these lucrative sales positions, but also tap into your network and ask other sales professionals that have earned six figure incomes and ask them which sales jobs pay these salaries. Another great resource is to use linkedin.com as a resource to connect with other sales professionals and join a discussion on finding six figure sales position. Please join my linkedin group and join the discussion on this topic: SIX FIGURE SALES JOBS DISCUSSION
- When doing a search on indeed.com, you have an option to select the job you are looking for, as well as the estimate salary range and filter your results. Below is a screen shot of what I am talking about:
- SIX FIGURE JOB BOARDS: Another place to find six figure sales jobs is to search on sites dedicated to listing only jobs that pay six figures or higher. One such website is theladders.com: Search Jobs That Pay Over $100,000
- You can also search on our job board, that is powered by simplyhired.com: Six Figure Sales Jobs
BE IN THE RIGHT INDUSTRY
Some industries have more opportunities and are growing with sales revenues that command high paying sales salaries to attract the best sales talent. Again, do your research and see which industries are growing and provide sales jobs with six figure incomes. Below are some top paying industries for sales professionals:
- Telecommunications Sales Jobs
- Consulting Sales Jobs
- Consumer Packaged Goods Sales Jobs
- Digital Media Sales Jobs
- Medical Device Sales Jobs
- Outsourced Services Sales Jobs
- Software Sales Jobs
- Startup Business Development Sales Jobs
GET A PROMOTION
Your current job can have an upgrade in total income from getting a promotion. Do your research and see if you current company has sales roles that pay in the $100K range and work towards getting a promotion to that role. Moving up the ladder and getting a management role, sales executive or senior role might get you in the desired income range.
In many sales jobs, to get the $100K plus income, you can gain this by making sales and exceptional performance. With commission mix, calculate where you need to perform at to boost up your income and end of year salary. If your goal is to make six figures, most sales positions will give you this opportunity when you reach a certain level of goal attainment. Perform well and set high goals to reach this payout in your current role.
Leave a Reply