If you are in search of a career in sales, keep in mind that not all sales jobs are created equal. What I mean by this is that, in your search for sales jobs, if you are only searching for sales representative positions or sales, you might be missing out on many open opportunities in your market. Just like the saying, "many ways to skin a cat", same goes with landing a job in sales. Below are some variations of sales positions you might want to try searching for when looking for a career in sales. Don't limit yourself to just a few search terms, and cast a wider net by expanding what you are looking for:
- Account Manager: This is the type of sales that involves managing accounts that are already customers and the goal for the sales team is to retain customers and growth the vertically.
- Key/Major Account Managers: Account managers that handle the top accounts.
- Sales Executives: Fancy name for sales representatives.
- Customer Success Manager: A classification for sales reps used in the start-up tech industry. Basically, they are account managers.
- Territory Managers: Sales representatives that manages sales within a territory.
- Sales Consultant: A sales representative that approaches sales with a consultative approach.
- Sales Manager: Not all "sales manager" listing is a job managing others, and many are individual sales contributing roles.
- Sales Associate
- Sales Specialist
- Sales Partner
- Regional Account Manager
- National Account Manager
- Global sales executive
Mix up your search terms and expose yourself to the different sales job opportunities.